So… I couldn’t resist and got an iPhone – well, got it for a friend of mine in Brazil but obviously I’m testing it already before I take it to him 🙂
The interface itself, as everyone knows, is just the slickest phone interface out there… and it is fast… no waiting to go from one application or menu to the other… sure, the EDGE/GSM network is a lot slower than EVDO/CDMA data network but really, it’s good enough.
The beauty of it I think is that the improvements that can (and will be done I am sure) are all software tweaks. These are my 2 cents:
- Copy/Paste functionality
- External iPod controls (ability to change songs without taking phone out of pocket)
- Be able to change the order of the main menu items
- Phone links on web pages and emails should ask to call or SMS – now only calls
- Mail – be able to create folders and rules
- Rotate screen on all apps – only iPod, Photo and Web have it – would be nice to have it on mail as well
- Week view on callendar
- Auto text completion/suggestion not only wrong keyboard input correction
- Scientific and unit conversion calculator
- Foreign language support – basic accents
- Select all, mark as read, and delete all in mail
Otherwise it is fantastic!!