Lego Robotics Instructor
Vision Education & Media, New York NY
Educational institution - Aug 06 - Sep 08
- Teaching LEGO Robotcs to children ages 6 to 11in an after school course at Hunter School, NYC
- Train high school teachers and selected students to teach the LEGO Robotics curriculum.
IT Consultant / Instructor
Sagatiba, New York, NY
Brazilian distillery - Sep 06 - present
- Consult on IT hardware and software for US office.
- Maintain office network, software and back-up systems.
- Create training materials and train staff on general computer utilization.
Brazilian Subsidiary Director
Ringtones.com - Mobile Streams São Paulo, Brazil
Mobile content platform and production - Jun 04 - Jan 07
- Responsible for all business and technical implementation and development of the Brazilian subsidiary.
- Built, lead and trained the local technical team to integrate the service platforms with mobile operators.
- Created automated solutions and applications to improve internal work flow, reporting and sales.
- Created documentation and training material for global staff.
- Trained operator team leaders on proprietary back end system for sales and performance analysis.
Industrial Engineering Consultant
Bionnovation Ltda. São Paulo, Brazil
Dental implants and bio-materials - Mar 04 - Jun 04
- Implemented Production Control Planning (PCP), Inventory Control, and Master Production Scheduling (MPS).
- Trained the marketing, engineering, quality control and production staff in how to use the system effectively.
- Optimized production and quality control processes through data analysis and process modeling.
Founder, Director and Editor
Longo Vision, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo Brazil
Documentary and Video production - Nov 02 - Mar 04
- Edited and coordinated the post-production of "Tá Na Roda", an educational TV series for teenagers by Canal Futura
- Produced, filmed and edited the Sitcom Writer's Workshop for Picante Pictures.
- Assembled and edited "Guassussê", a documentary on the families displaced from home in Ceará, Brazil.
Mobile Data Services Coordinator
Telemar - Oi, Rio de Janeiro Brazil
First GSM cell phone operator in Brazil -
Oct 01 - Nov 02
- Lead a team of 5 engineers in prospecting, selecting, implementing, and integrating data platforms (WAP, SMSC, OTA/SIM Browsing, GPRS, MMS, and WLAN).
- Coordinated and planned the expansions, maintenance, and up-grades of these platforms for the following 5 years.
- Development and optimization of new services and operation methods for the platforms and services.
- Trained operations staff on how to operate and maintain systems once they entered production phase.
- Created documentation and trained call center staff leaders on how to respond, verify and solve client's problems when utilizing data services on their cell phones.
Wireless Division Project Manager
Portugal Telecom - Zip.Net, São Paulo, Brazil
Mobile internet content portal - Feb 00 - Oct 01
- Specification, development, and implementation of pioneer project with Telesp Celular - WAAAP – the first WAP service portal in South America.
- Lead of team of 10 developers, business developers, and content staff for the launch and operation of WAAP.
- Interfaced with the technical, product, and marketing division of the company and cell phone operators to ensure total buy-in of the product.
- Presented the product to senior management and project managers to be able to integrate their products into the mobile end of the company.
- Participated in several workshops and events on mobile services as speaker and panelist in discussions about the market and product evolution.
Systems Integration Consultant
American Management Systems Inc. New York, NY
State and local government financial and control systems - Aug 97 - Jan 99
- Training Registration and Evaluation System – developed a system that allowed all of the 700 NYC employees to register for courses AMS gave on the new systems being implemented.
- Trained 10 AMS team leaders on how to use the admin side of the software and 40 NYC team leaders on how to use front end of the system.
- Re-design of processes for the Adjudication Centers of New York City's Financial Department. Trained NYC employees on how to use this new system.
Camp Counselor / Windsurfing Instructor
Robin Hood Camp Brooksville, ME
Sports summer camp - May 90 - Jul 90
- Taught windsurfing to campers ages 7 to 16.
- Cabin counselor - overlooked and lead group of 20 children in cabin activities and daily duties.
- Focusing on programming interactive visual art, game development, and eye-tracking hardware and software.
Bachelor of Science
Industrial and Management Engineering
- Minor in Human Factors in Design and Electronic Arts
- Magna-cum-lau da – GPA 3.7 / 4.0 (2nd best GPA in major)
Video Production Certificate
- Directing, filming and editing course producing a news piece (4 minutes), a public service announcement (1 minute), a music video (4 minutes), and a short film (7 minutes).
- LANGUAGES: Portuguese, English, Spanish, French and Italian.
- SOFTWARE: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Avid, Final Cut, Maya, Isadora and Office
- CODE: HTML, PHP, MySQL, C/C++, OpenGL, ActionScript 2.0 and Java.
Photography, Video-making, Ocean Sailing, Windsurf, Kite-surfing, Mountain Bike, Cycling, and Paragliding.