- National Writing Project
- Writing assignment
- What do you think about prior to developing a writing assignment?
- Response (5 minutes to do it)
- First thing I would do is create a learning objective for the assignment and a rubric for assessing it. I would share this with the students and ask if they understand the assessment and prompt for any suggestions or things they might want to change. I would then show some examples of quality work and have them assess them using the rubric. Lastly I will ask them to list 3 topics they might want to write about. Finally, I would show them some techniques of how to structure their writing in terms of content and flow of ideas.
- Share with peer
- Interesting: teacher would do an initial draft then work with the students to polish it up
- National Academy of Sciences Expert Committee Reports (nap.edu)
- The New Teacher Training Program (tntp.org)
- National Education Policy Center (nepc.colorado.edu)
Hilda’s tips on oTPD
- Christopher Dede
- Teaching channel – https://www.teachingchannel.org/
- Teach tube – https://www.teachertube.com/
- Teachscape – https://www.teachscape.com
- TERC – https://www.terc.edu