This past week has been crazy with a change in my Master’s project and searching for a job. I was unable to keep up with the blog postings so I decided today to do a quick overview of the past week since the last post:
Sunday, May 1
- Went to a flower shop 🙂
- Bounced some tennis balls of the wall
- Decided upon a road bike instead of another hybrid – more hand positions, faster, more efficient, and makes me want to go on long rides again.
Tuesday, May 3
- Attended a workshop on Optional Practical Training (OPT) at the Bechtel International Student Center where all the details and deadlines were explained.
Wednesday, May 4
- Met with Mingming in the morning to help her with her iOS app
- Did the readings for Engineering Education
- The class itself was interesting but my mind is tuned out…
- Met with James to talk about Slingshot
Thursday, May 5
- Internship day – all day – progressed a good deal on the necessary updates and started talking about the internship over the summer.
Friday, May 6
- First long ride with the new bike – 2 hour ride
- Presented slingshot to the group good reception
- At night we went to Omair’s apartment for an LDT party – great fun!
Saturday, May 7
- Game Design workshop: more on looking at processes as Core Loops:
- B.J.Fogg’s B = M. A. T.
- Behavior = motivation + ability + trigger
- Went all out and ate the best burgers we’ve ever had at Umami Burger
Sunday, May 8
- Picnic on the hills!
- Mother’s day!
Monday, May 9
- Biked in the morning – too short
- Called DMV to see what’s up with my license – will have to go there to get a new temporary document
- Met with Grace and Andy (Internship) and went ahead with the 20 hour a week internship for the summer 🙂
- Met with James then Karin for a long time discussing Slingshot and what we have to do to make it a Master’s project.
- Engineering Education – hum… went over Assessments…
Tuesday, May 10
- Brazilian Education – Bertrand presented his work on sequencing hands on learning experiences with direct content delivery/presentation. Very interesting. Pity we’re loosing him to Harvard!
- Lytics Seminar – talking about student performance predictor algorithms to identify weak instructional segments and improve assessments.
- Went into work for a little bit – filling in the hours since on Thursday I won’t be able to put in all the 8 hours.
- Talked to Pedro Martelo, with whom I’ve probably not spoken with for over 20 years! He’s been working in the EdTech sector for a long time and gave me some great insights about the market, the available roles, and potentially interesting companies to look into.
Wednesday, May 11
- In the morning I worked on the Engineering Education assignment… not too proud of it but here it is:
- Class was ok… have to catch up with the readings and assignments… uff
- Borrowed Jame’s car and went to the Tuxedo rental store for this Friday’s Formal! Should be fun.