The Sphere – assembly figured out!

After quite some trying to decide how to name, extrude and connect each ring segment of the Sphere I finally changed strategy to notched connections and came up with a naming convention to recognize each piece when they are laser cut.
The Maya MEL script I used for the initial setup lines can be found HERE and the “methodology” used HERE.
Now just have to figure out what are the tolerances on the laser cutter for 1/16″ plexy to finish the rings, export to Rhino then to Illustrator and finally to the Laser Printer itself.
Here are some pictures of today’s progress:

One thought on “The Sphere – assembly figured out!

Comments are closed.