So this was the reading for this week on the topic “The Nature of Qualitative Research”
- Merriam, S. (2002). “Introduction to Qualitative Research”. In S. Merriam & Associates (Eds.) Qualitative Research in Practice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. pp. 3-17.
- Miles, M.B., & Huberman, A.M. (1994). “Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook.” (Second Edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. pp. 1-12.
- Spindler, G. & Spindler, L. (1987). Teaching and Learning How to Do the Ethnography of Education.” In G. Spindler & L. Spindler (Eds.) Interpretive Ethnography of Education at Home and Abroad. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. pp. 17-22.
- Creswell, J. (2003). “A Framework for Design,” Research design: Qualitative, Quantitative and Mixed Methods Approaches” (2nd edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage. pp. 3 -24.
- Becker, H. (1996). “The Epistemology of Qualitative Research”. In R, Jessor, A.
- Colby, & R. Shweder (Eds.) “Ethnography and Human Development.” Chicago: University of Chicago. pp. 53-71.
And here are my notes: